It was so much fun blog-hopping through the Maui Bloggers Network and writing about 10 Maui People BIG on Pinterest that I thought I'd do another list: Maui Bloggers on Google+.
Google+ has been on my radar for a few months now. It's a social media community that I think will fundamentally change the way we communicate, as some of Google's products have already done. But that's my personal opinion and material for a post on my mauilibrarian2 in Olinda blog.
Maui is just beginning to get interested in Google+, as far as I can tell. I found only a few official looking accounts:
Maui No Ka Oi, which is Maui County's account. Maui County's YouTube videos are linked to the account.Maui, Hawaii is the only active Maui-based Google+ Community that I could find. Please tell me if you know of others and I'll add them.
Peter Liu is a social media rock star, so of course he has a Google+ account. Peter did a Hangout on Air demo back in November as part of a MauiSMUG event. You'll see some familiar faces introducing themselves in this 5-minute demo.
So here it is, a list of Maui bloggers on Google+, in alphabetical order. My criteria for the list? At least 100 people following. I think 100 indicates involvement.
I've added them all to my "Maui Bloggers" circle, which I'm sharing with you HERE:
- Kathy Becklin 171 - Maui real estate professional
- Erik Blair 679 - The Accidental Consultant
- Randy Jay Braun 21,258 - Photographer (and Google+ star)
- Sarah Burns 503 - Tadah Social Media
- Roxanne Darling 1,368 - Barefeet Studios
- Howard Dinitz 396 - easyMauirealestate.com
- David Fisher 163 - Maui Venture Consulting LLC
- Jesse Francis 846 - mauicomputer.com
- Marilyn Jansen Lopes 110 - Maui Country Farm Tours
- Luana Fukumoto 358 - Covenant Clothing Co.
- Pete Jalbert 461 - Real estate agent
- Jt Klough 152 - Maui Dog Remedies
- Wendy Laurel 139 - Photographer
- Linda Lindsay 362 - me, school librarian with a definite #gonegoogle bent
- Peter Liu 548 - Photographer, digital media strategist, TEDxMaui digital media director
- Toby Neal 402 - Therapist, author (check out her shiny RED G+ background photo!)
- Kris Nelson 146 - Chicago-based photographer who loves Maui and does the Daily Maui Photo
- Chris Norberg 2,320 - Hawaii Web Group website design
- Aimee Paradise 193 - Internet Design + PR + Travel
- Liza Pierce 309 - A Maui Blog
- Shane Robinson 1,881 - Artist Barefeet Studios
- Jenn Russo 282 - Maui Time writer
- Nicole Sanchez 1,223 - Arbonne area manager
- Jake Smookler 429 - Government security officer
- Sara Tekula 214 - Producer/Director/Media Consultant
- Shannon Wianecki 151 - Writer, editor
Have I missed any Maui blogger with 100 or more Google+ followers? I'm sure I have! Please let me know who you are and I'll add you to the list, as well as to my Google+ shared circle.
Maybe we should have a private Maui Bloggers community on Google+. What do you think?
Denis Labelle's Google+ Toolbox
Instructions for sharing a circle
WHEW, so many links! Please let me know if I messed up. :)